Saturday, November 28, 2009

Here's to you, Old City....


These days have been quietly passing through...
When finally deciding to take a day off from work, i went to enjoy a half of day long trip 'in this sometimes beutiful city' Bucuresti. Have't been since half a year in the Old City, in the center, i took my car and park it somewhere close to it. Wondering on the streets and the small corner shops of the Old Center, i found places like art galleries, tea houses, small theaters, coffe shops, clubs from which i had no ideea that they exist. The smell of 'old' was tinckling my sences as i walked through my evening spree. A lot of people running from one street to another, God only knows what they were looking for. Eventually i got lost. So i decided to stop. I stood in the middle of the main street and looked arround: at my right there was this old man playng the guitar, creating nice sounds and atmosphere for an early Friday evening. At my left there were this young street kids playing footbal and running arround. I lighted up a cigarette, stood down on a rock and enjoyed the fuziness that was arround me. Coulours of dark grey and brown were surrounding me, giving this feeling of '20 s old movie, with no sound. The art galeries were full of people of their own kind. Not ordinary people, but art creative people.
After getting up from the brick and being finished with wondering arround, shopping tea and art stuff, i went into the direction of where my car was parked. Before exiting the area i bumped into this model that was in front of the Comedy Theatre. He was just staying there dressed very military. As much as he had no voice, his expression was one of stillness and peace. I tried some conversation with him, but nothing happend in the end. So, most that i could do was to take him a small picture and walk away from the Old City, leaving behind all the feelings and impressions i had for half of a day...

No comments: